Additional California Privacy Disclosures
Last Updated/Reviewed: November 13, 2019
These Additional California Privacy Disclosures supplement the information contained in the CDW Privacy Notice. These Disclosures apply solely to our processing of personal information of individual residents of the State of California within the scope of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA).
Unless otherwise expressly stated, all terms defined in the Privacy Notice retain the same meaning in these Disclosures and all other terms defined in the CCPA and not otherwise defined in these Disclosures have the same meaning when used in these Disclosures. Please see section below for further details.
In the last 12 months, we have not sold personal information about you, but we have collected and disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information:
No Personal Information Sold
The categories of personal Information below are collected and disclosed for business purposes:
- Identifiers such as name, account ID, customer ID, social media handle and username/password.
- California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as mailing address, phone number, and payment information.
Protected Classification Characteristics
- Commercial Information, such as order details, order/product preferences, and credit information.
- Internet/Network Information, such as log file data (e.g., IP address, browser type, clickstream data) and cookies and related technical data (e.g., your usage and activity on our online services)
- Geolocation Data, such as your general geographic location based on your IP address or more precise location when accessing our online services through a mobile device.
- Sensory Information, such as voice recordings from calls.
- Profession/Employment Information, such as your job title, department, employer or business, and, if you perform work on our behalf, information obtained from your resume and your drug or background check (if any).
The right to access and obtain a copy of the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months.
The right to be free from discrimination for exercising any of the rights described above.
The right to request the deletion or erasure of personal information we have collected about you.
The right to request the following information relating to the personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The purposes for collecting the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose
If you have an established customer relationship with us for personal, family, or household purposes, you may also have the right under California’s “Shine the Light” law to request:
- A list of the categories of certain personal information that we have disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes; and
- The names and addresses of all such third parties.
The right to non-discrimination does not prohibit us from offering you certain financial incentives that may result in different prices, rates or quality levels of products or services. In addition, please note that if the exercise of the rights described above limits our ability to process personal information (such as in the case of a deletion request), we may not be able to provide access to certain of our products and services to individuals who exercise these rights, or to otherwise engage with such individuals going forward.
To submit a request, please contact us as set forth in the How to Contact Us section below, by calling 877.604.4353, or filling out our Rights Request Form. We will need to verify your identity before processing your request, which may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. In certain circumstances, we may decline a request to exercise the rights described above.
Changes to These Disclosures
We may update these Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these Disclosures, we will change the date at the beginning of these Disclosures to include the "Last Updated" date. If we make material changes to these Disclosures, we will notify you by email to your registered email address, by prominent posting on our services, or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, inquiries may be addressed to:
Global Compliance & Ethics
75 Tri-State International
Lincolnshire, IL 60069